Keep your dog cool and happy during the warmer months with this easy banana popsicle recipe that’s perfect for your dog’s tastebuds! Temperatures are starting to heat up here in the valley, and we all know that means summer is right around the corner. The Phoenix heat can rub some people (and animals) the wrong way. Now, you can do the usual and let your dog enjoy the pool, or you can do that AND go one step further with this popsicle recipe:
What you’ll need:
- 1 cup Plain yogurt
- 1 Banana
- 1 Tablespoon of peanut butter
- 3 oz. paper cups (or something similar)
- Rawhide twists or peanut butter sticks
- Blend the yogurt, banana and peanut butter together.
- Fill the cups a little over 3/4 full (just remember to leave a little room at the top).
- Position the rawhide twist or peanut butter stick into the center of each pop.
- Place the cups in the freezer for at minimum of 4 hours.
- Once the pup pops are frozen, unwrap the paper cup from the pop.
- Then it’s time to share the deliciousness with your pup!
Give the popsicle recipe a try and let us know how much your dog-children loved it (don’t forget to take pictures!)